Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Forgiveness Insurance

The insurance policy may cover you falling off the roof, but you better check to see if it covers you hitting the ground. – Anon  

Stoned, beaten with rods, shipwrecked, snake-bitten, and imprisoned; still Paul knew God was with him every step of the way. Wow!  

If you’ve ever had a malfunctioning product and had to deal with the manufacturer regarding the warranty or guarantee, you probably know by now that generally the part that breaks is usually not covered. It’s always something in the ‘fine print.’ Manufacturers are in business to make money and go all out to avoid costly payouts and/or litigation, hence the very lengthy product disclosure and warranty document. But our Maker, stands by His promise, and is willing to fix/repair any part that breaks or becomes defective (forgiveness of sin). He knows we have weaknesses and shortcomings and won’t pass every trial the first or second time. And not only is He willing to ‘fix’ and forgive, He is completely willing and wants to fully redeem us at the appointed time to be with Him throughout all eternity. And how do we know His promises are true? It’s all in the fine print: “I Love You!”  

Until tomorrow…..  

Pastor Botts  

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.” – John 17:24

No comments:

Post a Comment