Friday, July 25, 2014

Make it Through with Faith

Faith doesn’t get you around trouble, it gets you through it. – Stanley Smith

Hebrews 11 tells us of the many who made it through great sufferings and circumstances because of their faith. WOW!

Oftentimes when troubles interrupt or upset our lives we’re left questioning, “why me, I’ve prayed, read the Word, and meditated on it, so why is this happening to me. I thought I was faith-proofed for the day.” God never said we would live trouble free lives, but trouble and circumstances are there to grow us and test our faith. Remember what the psalmist David wrote in the 23rd psalm, “even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,” – the key words being ‘walk through’ – not stay. When troubles come our way we must shine the light of faith upon them to get a clear path to follow.

Until Monday……

Pastor Botts

“In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith – of greater worth than gold….may be proved genuine.” – I Peter 1:6-7

P.S. - Hope to see you at the picnic tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment