Wednesday, April 29, 2015

We are what we digest

It is not what men eat, but what they digest that makes them strong. – F. Bacon

Though exhausted, hungry, and weak from fasting 40 days, Jesus put Satan to flight using of all things – the Word of God. Hmmm!

I’m sure we all remember the ‘Wonder Bread’ slogan: “helps build strong bodies in 12 different ways.” Wow! The bible or Word of God goes much deeper than that though, helping to build the complete perfect man. But, it’s not so much the reading of the Word (eating), as it is the understanding and life applications gained from the word (digesting). Most of us eat but are still malnourished and weak because we don’t retain the ‘meat of the word.’ The actions and responses we give to life’s circumstances are a direct result of what we have actually fed our hearts and minds. The good news is today God is ready to spread another feast before you.

Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” – Psalm 119:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment