Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Practice Practice Practice

Every time you are not practicing, someone else is. – Boris Becker

Satan never got the upper hand on Jesus because of his practice. He communed with his Father daily. Hmm!

It’s a strange phenomenon, but when we see professional athletes, businesspeople, or friends continuously “handed their lunch” by someone, we say they are weak or need more practice. But we often never apply that logic to ourselves in our Christian walk, suffering the same sins and breakdowns over and over. We know within ourselves that our enemy never takes a break or holiday, but we often never take time out to prepare for his onslaughts, which leave us frustrated. True, we walk by faith, but effectiveness comes from being prepared.

Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. In the night I remember your name, O Lord, and I will keep your law. This has been my practice: I obey your precepts.” – Psalm 119:54-56

No comments:

Post a Comment