Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Lose some weight

The quickest surefire way to lose excess weight is to stop carrying a grudge. – B. Myers

David said when he 'confessed his sin' to the Lord a great weight had been lifted off of him. Whew!

Most if not all of us always want to look our best. We work out when we can, try to eat healthy when we can, and try to keep ourselves looking as fit as possible. It’s true the bible does say “bodily exercise” is of some value. But we often neglect our ‘inner man” or heart and force it to carry around a lot of unnecessary weight, and that in turn has a heavy toll on our physical well being. I think this is why Jesus gave Peter the great discourse on forgiveness, it was for his own health and eternal benefit. I pray all of our hearts will become a bit leaner and fit today.

Until tomorrow……..

Pastor Botts

“Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy seven times.’” – Matthew 18:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment