Monday, March 21, 2016

Rise Above

No one is free who is not master of himself. – Claudius

Joseph would not let himself stoop to levels of sin and indecency before his master and God with Potiphar’s wife. He considered the whole idea “wicked.”

One of Satan’s lies is that you can do things in secret that no one will know. It’s a clever little ploy to keep us in bondage to sin. Temptation to sin comes to all of us, but for us as Christians so does the power and opportunity to escape the sin. We must remember in all situations that it is not about us and our desires, but our heavenly Father and His will for us. God will not withhold any good thing from His people. I pray we will rise above all selfish desires today.

Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“Therefore I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.” – I Corinthians 9:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment