Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Meet the Author

I have always felt that the true textbook for the pupil is his teacher. – M. Gandhi

The Pharisees were satisfied with the ‘Law of Moses’ but missed out on connecting with the AUTHOR to Moses. Hmm!

At last count we have over 20 different versions of The Bible in print, in almost any language imaginable. This is phenomenal in itself, but it is also frustrating at times as well. Too often we as people rely on ‘the good book’ more than we rely on the author of it. The bible was given to us that we might come to know God personally, not just about Him and His word. Reading the book is great, but conversing with the author is far better, as you get insight not on the pages. God is waiting to express Himself in ways we can’t even imagine, now that’s exciting teaching!

Until tomorrow……

Pastor Botts

“Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” – Psalm 25:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment