Monday, August 15, 2016

Practice Love

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. – W.A. Ward

Jesus not only taught the people about the love of God, he showed them firsthand as our example. Hmm!

There’s a reason our first initial contact with someone new is called an ‘impression,’ for it will form an almost indelible mark in their heart. That’s a serious consideration. And while each person we meet or know may present a different set of circumstances or challenges, our ultimate goal as children of God is to show them some degree of God’s love. A kind word or deed from a heart of gratitude, whether rewarded or not, can go a long way.  The surest way to get rid of an enemy is to make him a ‘friend,’ a word Jesus used quite often. Practicing love is sometimes tough and painful, but the rewards always far out weigh the costs, and that’s the heart of God and His desire for us.

Until tomorrow….

Pastor Botts

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one…” – John 17:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment