Monday, January 2, 2017

The Master's Plan

Yes, God knows we have plans, but He planned for us, and He outranks us! - Anon

Jonah had made up in his mind that Nineveh was not his concern nor his work, but God had other plans. Hmm!

Admittedly, we are all the same in one regard – we seek answers to gain direction and insight in our career and life choices. Yes our natural abilities, gifts, and desires all play a role in our decision, but they also lead to questions like: ‘What am I really good at?’… ‘What is really worth doing?’….What about advancement, compensation, etc.?’ But the question ‘What does God want me to do?’…. rarely comes into play, or if it does, it’s near the end of all the other considerations. But if God made Esther for ‘such a time as this,’ or saw king David when he was a ‘ruddy kid,’ or ordained the ‘Pharisee of Pharisees – Paul,’ to preach to the lowly Gentiles; maybe He has purpose for each of us in spite of our self-qualifying success measures. When we’re asking God to ‘use me’ maybe, just maybe we should let Him. Welcome to 2017!

Until tomorrow….

Pastor Botts

“…Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” – Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment