Thursday, March 16, 2017

Inner Longing for God

Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure. – Thomas Edison

The rich farmer was satisfied and thought he was set for a life to eat, drink, and be merry. He was so WRONG! Hmm.

It’s great to be rewarded for our trials and sacrifices. It’s great to be acknowledged for our service and selflessness. Everyone likes and needs a little success in their life. But nothing in this world should be able to completely satisfy the inner longing we have for God, to be in His presence always. We are pilgrims passing through this land on our way home, so each day we get better and better because the place we're going is perfect.

Until tomorrow……

Pastor Botts

“I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body." - Philippians 1:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment