Thursday, April 19, 2018

Keeping Unity

When two elephants fight, it’s the grass that suffers! – African Proverb
Paul pleaded with both Euodia and Syntyche to get along, otherwise the CHURCH loses. That’s sound advice. AMEN!
As brother’s and sisters in Christ our main goal should be to ‘endeavor to keep the unity of the body through the bonds of peace.’ When we spar and spat with each other on non-essentials to the Christian faith, many outsiders take their cue and turn away, and outreach is hampered. Jesus said where 2 or 3 gather in His name He is present. The key is to be united in spirit. Remember, we’re Christian only, but not the only Christians!
Until tomorrow…..
Pastor Botts
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me.” – John 17:20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment