Monday, October 29, 2018

Trust the One Who knows

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. - Corrie Ten Boom
Though ABRAM left his homeland and knew not where he was going, he trusted God would get him there. Hmm!
Seated in an airplane I find I can rest easy, almost fall asleep before take-off. Seated in a car with someone else driving I have often felt the need to 'assist' the driver. Trying to keep their eyes focused on the road, giving directions/lane assignments, even mindlessly braking or accelerating where possible. At times I often find myself doing the same thing with God even as I ask Him to 'order my steps' or 'direct my path.' If you're honest you'll admit you're good at this too. We've tried to get Him to speed things up in certain areas, slow it down in others; and even turn around or stop altogether. If God truly is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and knows what really lies ahead, then maybe beginning today we should let Him have total control and rest in His care. After all, He does know the way to His own house.
Until tomorrow.....
Pastor Botts
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5
P.S. - here are a few more sites to assist in your research for the upcoming elections:
Www.afaaction.net
Www.californiafamily.org
Www.CapitolResource.org

No comments:

Post a Comment