Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Joyful Reminders

Death leaves a scar only God can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. – Anon

When Thomas saw Jesus’ scars he cried out ‘My Lord and My God!’ – Hmm!

Scars! We all have them, physical, emotional, spiritual. The question is how do we ourselves view them? Are they bitter reminders of the hurt or trauma we experienced that often bring back the pain of the event, or are they joyful reminders of how God in His infinite grace stepped in to bring healing and restore our hope? If it is really true that ‘all healing comes from God’ then maybe that’s an indication of the direction we should lean. But in any case, God leaves the choice of how we view our scars to us.

Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“…Finally, let no one cause me trouble for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.”
-Galatians 6:17

No comments:

Post a Comment