Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Victorious In Jesus


“I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.” - Abraham Lincoln

Paul considered everything he suffered a ‘momentary’ thing compared to what awaited
him in glory. Hmm!

In the ‘Road Less Traveled’ (Scott Peck) the book opens with an ominous but very
obvious truth: Life is difficult! And for many of us that is putting it mildly. We not only experience difficulties, we endure tragic accidents and illnesses. We endure family where addictions, habits, emotional and mental issues just seem to expand the dysfunctional nature. It seems our spirit is under attack on a daily basis. We try to live with authenticity, but we know within we’re not bullet-proof or immune to the effects. The one truth we should NEVER forget though is God is with us too! What no calamity can do is devour our faith. Test it – YES, devour it – NEVER! In Christ we are victors not victims. Our battle may not be won today, but it will be won. Life is full of buzzer-beating examples, why not be one of them!


Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will
look in triumph on my enemies.” – Psalm 118:7

No comments:

Post a Comment