Thursday, September 17, 2020

Responding to Revelation

Any fool can know, the point is to understand! - Albert Einstein

Even though the disciples walked with Jesus daily it wasn't until His death, burial and resurrection that they truly 'got him!' - WOW!

There's a song with the refrain "I wish I knew then what I know now..." intimating that if I had only known these things about life when I was younger, I would've made different choices and been better off. Really! Would we? Nobody gets to live life backwards. There are many things we know right now that are bad for us, yet we continue in them anyway. Habits or vices that are unhealthy, unproductive, or even downright sinful. Revelation is not given to us to review or spotlight the past, but to help prepare us for the future, for that's where we're headed. And revelation is always given at the proper time never before. The question we must answer is whenever it is given, what will be our response?

Until tomorrow........

Pastor Botts

"...forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me...." - Philippians 3:13-14



No comments:

Post a Comment