Friday, December 11, 2020

A Little Pitstop

You ever notice the Indianapolis 500 often has a ‘pace’ car on the track! - Anon

When Jesus saw how harried, harassed, and hungered the crowds looked, He made them take a ‘time out’. WOW!

We’ve all seen the pet hamster in the cage running on the circular wheel. Running hours on end going nowhere! For him, it’s just exercise, but how often for us does that seem a way of life? Even in this pandemic riddled year, our personal world can still be so busy we find it a challenge to really, really rest. Overwhelming needs abound – family, financial, physical, mental, spiritual – and seemingly continue to push us. We get so busy ‘doing’ we have little or no time for ‘being’. If anything, 2020 has given us all a new perspective on life. It’s as if God were saying “you’ve been running on empty, why not come to me. The peaceful, tranquil, and purposed life you seek begins with me.” Truthfully speaking, I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever known or read about being harmed by spending too much time with God. If time is truly in His hands and runs at His command, maybe we should adjust our lives to His pace.

I'll be taking a few days off, so until I return…

Pastor Botts

“…..[Jesus said] ‘come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” – Mark 6:31


No comments:

Post a Comment