Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quality Time

I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. – R. Brault

Jesus stayed and talked with the two on the Emmaus road until they finally saw the 'light'. Hmm!

In this era of Cell-Phones, Tablets, Apps, and Chat-forums for almost any and everything, it seems more and more we’re all trying to find time to do it all and have it all. And what often happens is we wind up with sometimes shallow conversations and face time fellowship with the ONES who supposedly love us most because the gadgets never leave our hand or our side. It's the same with Christ, the ONE who loves us more than anything, we've somewhat relegated Him to the electronic device, and without it we can't seem to function. Maybe it's time we took a closer look at HIS example of friendship where no boundaries exist, and HE sits just waiting for US to come. I pray we'll become HIS 'cherished' friend.

Until tomorrow…….

Pastor Botts

"..........that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple...." - Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment