Thursday, February 9, 2017

Release the Pretense

People defend nothing more violently than the pretenses they live by. – A. Drury

The Pharisees and religious leaders of His day proudly defended their religious piety before men. Jesus said they forsook God’s law. He called them hypocrites. OUCH!

Things are not always as they seem. We spend a great deal of time trying to convince others that we are people that we are not. We live one way in public and another way at home. We often go out of our way and through a lot of expense to place ourselves in the best positive light, and become upset when questioned or doubted. But just as Jesus could look ‘through’ the woman at the well and know all about her life, He knows the same about each of us.  And just as He was willing to forgive her and restore her upon her confession, He is willing to do the same for us. All He asks is that we acknowledge our sins and shortcomings and repent. There is nothing we can hide from the “one who searches every heart.” Ready or not He’s looking in.

Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.” – I Corinthians 13:11

No comments:

Post a Comment