Friday, December 8, 2017

Prayer Work

Remember that nothing will run itself, unless it’s running downhill. – Anon
In the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus exhorted the disciples to “keep watch and pray” and not sleep.  Though they failed on several occasions, they finally got it right later. AMEN!
It’s true the life Jesus promised us is the life we all want, but it’s also true that to have the life we want we must put in the “work” required.  If we were to ever seriously look at the life Jesus lived we would see the first and last order of work is prayer. The reasons our lives are often run down, drained, and without effect is because we don’t do the necessary work in prayer. Prayer is what keeps the life running. It is as vital to the Christian life as food is to the physical life. Without it we cease to exist. I pray yours is effective.
Until Monday…..
Pastor Botts
“Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me and answer me. When thou saidst, ‘Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger, thou hast been my help, leave me not neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.’” – Psalm 27:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment