Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Trust Flows

To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved. - G. MacDonald

It took a lot of trust for Moses to stretch forth that rod to part the sea. Hmm!

Some years ago while in Hawaii, my wife and I took a parasailing ride. After being strapped into the harness with the chute attached behind us we were instructed to 'rest' or trust in the harness. In other words to enjoy a smooth, safe, and thrilling ride don't fight against its pull. The operators made sure we sailed high, came down to the water and then back up to the sky again a few times. It was as they say, breathtaking! In a sense this is what Jesus wants from us in trusting Him. Not to pull or tug at the commands or precepts of the Word, but to completely trust in them for a life journey full of sights, scents, scenes, sounds, and memories that when viewed with Him will take our breath away, and fill us with joy to last a lifetime.

Until tomorrow...

Pastor Botts

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:29-30



No comments:

Post a Comment