Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Just Worship

"Praise is who I am, I will praise Him while I can....." - song refrain

After being beaten and cast into prison all Paul & Silas could do was - PRAISE. Hmm!

Have you ever considered Job's resumè? What made God give him such rave reviews in the presence of Satan..."have you considered my servant Job..." He often offered sacrifices for his children 'just in case' they sinned. And then, on what has to be the worst day of his life, where he lost everything, he grieved AND then worshiped God. No finger-pointing, no plots of revenge, or even self-pity. Just worship. Maybe there's a lesson for us here. Maybe instead of anger, bitterness, outrage, or self-absorption in some of our worst moments, we just stop and praise/worship God. It could make life a bit easier to bear, reduce the heartache, and bring the hope we have back into clear view. God is still in the restoration business, and just as He restored Job, I know and believe the 'plans' He has for us are far better than what we presently see. So whatever the struggles of life might be right now, let's put praise at the top of each day.

Until tomorrow...

Pastor Botts

"I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be on my lips...." - Psalm 34:1



No comments:

Post a Comment