Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Rhythms of Grace

"Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand...." - Stevie Wonder

Though he was in prison, Paul said the letter/visits he received often refreshed his spirit. Amen!

Make no mistake about it, the rhythms of grace cannot and will not be forced. Just as we have different tempo music for dancing (cha-cha, line, swing, slow dance, etc.) when God gives us a new song it has its own tempo. So often many of us try to force that 'new song' God is giving us to fit the life situation we're currently in. That's often problematic, for the new song is trying to call us out of it to move forward. As an example, I admit that when I do treadmill or elliptical workouts there are certain upbeat gospel songs I can keep pace with to maximize my workout, so I find myself 'clicking' past a song or two that doesn't fit. Depression, anxiety, stress, anger, and other ailments can be readily cured by us moving in step and tempo with the new song God gives. Yesterday, you may have had the 'blues' but behold today God is doing a new thing.

Until tomorrow...

Pastor Botts

"Why are you so downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." - Psalm 42:5



No comments:

Post a Comment