Friday, October 7, 2022

A Moment to Stop

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired! - Anon

Though Daniel was the one in the lion's den, it was the king who couldn't get any rest. Amen!

It's bright red! Octagonal in shape! The word 'STOP' is posted right in the middle of it. Yes, it's a STOP sign. Admittedly, as a California driver I've perfected the Cali-roll. It's not a complete stop, it's a slow down and then proceed. Now according to the 'law' a STOP sign means STOP completely, not slow down. Thinking along this line I'm reminded of God's law of a 'sabbath days rest'. When His people were commanded to STOP all other activity to honor Him. In honoring Him that way it was them who were blessed through their time of worship. It's a mystery how this works but it does. I always come away 'refreshed' from my time with God. It brings restoration to my mind, body, and entire being - something God knows we need. As we gather to worship He pours out blessing upon blessing. But in truth, many of us check in to church/worship to slow our roll, show our face, but never to really STOP and be still. And we often leave with the same stresses and pressures we came with. If that's you or your life is tiring because you are often stretched thin, maybe you should just STOP! Couldn't hurt.

Until Monday...

Pastor Botts

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." - Psalm 46:10



No comments:

Post a Comment