Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Remaining Faithful

Don't mistake the discipline of God as abandonment by God. - Anon

Though Job was severely tormented and questioned God, he never let go of his faith. Hmm!

Though the bible tells us God does things "decently and in order" we often think that means immediately, particularly when it comes to OUR prayer requests. But what makes us think our blessing or deliverance will come immediately after we pray or fast. God let a whole generation die off before the Israelites entered the Promised Land. I'm sure some of them were praying. Joseph's life saw nothing but trouble for years between his god-given dreams and the actual reveal. I'm sure he remained faithful. God's ways of discipline to develop our character are far more advanced than we can fathom, but He's always there with us even in those lean, tough times. My parents disciplined me often (I needed it) but never left me or stopped loving me, and eventually it helped shape me into who I am. God is at work doing the same with us today. Now is not the time to give up but to stay strong.

Until tomorrow...

Pastor Botts

"For the revelation awaits an appointed time.........Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." - Habakkuk 2:3



No comments:

Post a Comment