Friday, November 3, 2023

Time Best Spent

Wisdom is the power to put our time and our knowledge to proper use. - T. Watson

When it came to building the ark, Noah didn't know how much time he had but he also didn't waste any of it. Hmm!

A smart phone! That's what I have. And it often tells me things I guess I should be made aware of. Like, each month it will give a summary of my time driving and show me the day I traveled the most miles. Yeah! Like I really, really need to know that. But one thing I did notice is the total time I spent driving (hours/minutes). It made me wonder. What if the phone tracked the amount of time we spent on social media, the amount of time we spent following news leads/individuals, podcasts, playing games, or just amusing ourselves with pictures or recipes, etc? Would we like the results? Could some of that time have been better spent in prayer, meditation, or even meaningful conversation with a family member or friend? I know we use these distractions to escape for a breather, but some distractions actually steal opportunities, while others hinder our obedience to "seek the things of God and His righteousness." Though it is a smart phone, I think we should be smart as to how we use it instead of letting it use us.

Until Monday...

Pastor Botts

"Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:15-16



No comments:

Post a Comment