Thursday, January 21, 2016

Everything You Need

“I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging for bread.” – Psalm 37:25

Paul said that whether he had plenty or none, as long as he had God he was content. AMEN!

As an avid coffee drinker I’ve hit a many donut shops in my time. Some good, some not so good. But I can recall a poem I once saw some years back that resonates with life:   As you travel through life friend, Whatever be your goal, Keep your eyes on the donut, And not upon the hole.   It’s a somewhat simple message that’s meant to remind us that we should spend more time looking at and being thankful for what we have and not worrying about what we don’t have. God has gifted us with exactly everything He needs us to have at this moment. In fact, we’ve got more blessings than we can truly count, and maybe that’s what we should do, start counting and start thanking Him for every one of them. In the end it’s a lot more meaningful and a lot less costly, and we can all stand to save a little more anyway.

Until tomorrow…..

Pastor Botts

“…..My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life…..” – Psalm 23:5

No comments:

Post a Comment