Thursday, October 27, 2016

Liberating Confession

Liberty is one of the most precious gifts that heaven has bestowed on man. - M. de Cervantes

Though he was free and owed no man, the Prodigal son's brother was a prisoner in his own heart. Hmm!

Most bank vaults are built to be secure. Surrounded by several layers of concrete with reinforced steel, other materials, and alarm systems makes them virtually impenetrable. It would take a concerted, monumental effort to break in. When you think about it, this is the same building process or method Satan uses to hold us hostage in our own heart. He sows guilt, shame, fear, or some other sin in our heart and then begins to build around it. Day by day and layer by layer he coats it with all the 'reasons' we should keep this secret, locked away, holding us hostage. Our freedom however, is ever near. The power of confession to Christ breaks every bond and grip of the enemy and sets us free, to live our lives fully for the glory and honor of God. Which by the way is why He gave us TODAY. Freedom is just a repentance and prayer away.

Until tomorrow.....

Pastor Botts

"...Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord and you forgave the guilt of my sin..." - Psalm 32:5

No comments:

Post a Comment