Friday, October 21, 2016

Steady Progress

A Christian is never in a state of completion, but always in the process of becoming. – M. Luther

Moses thought he was ready at age 40 to lead God’s people. God didn’t call until he reached the age of 80. Hmm!

Everybody is looking for the quick and easy way to make it. The truism that ‘slow and steady wins the race’ has been somewhat kicked to the curb. Just look around us, in sports its now steroids or PED’s for success, in finance its trading on insider information. In health its now fad diets, highly concentrated exercise plans, or even medical procedures. And this kind of thinking often filters its way into other areas of life. But with our spiritual development and growth there are no steroids, fast-track plans, insider tips, or invasive procedures to pump up our souls. As much as we try to force it, rearrange it, or change it, God still builds our faith, character, integrity, and trust the old fashioned way – through discipline and love. You can’t hurry either of these. So if we’re looking to grow, and we should; then we need to apply ourselves to a regimen of study, submission, AND application to what the Spirit of God reveals to us. Today will have a few exams, I hope we’re all prepared.

Until Monday….

Pastor Botts

“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” – I Corinthians 13:11  

No comments:

Post a Comment