Friday, October 28, 2016

Making God Smile

Parents of bright children are always great believers in heredity. – P. Williams

God looked down on Jesus in his obedience and said, “this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” WOW!

You see the stickers on the rear window or bumper: “My child made the Honor Roll at…..” A proud parent statement if ever there were one. Or others we might hear from time to time: “He’s a chip off the old block!” “She’s got her mother’s brains!” Statements that bring a smile a mile wide on the parents faces, and make them stick their chests out. But what about God, our Heavenly Father? We were created in His image, infused with His Spirit, given life by His command. And we are loved unconditionally by Him in spite of ourselves. So, just for today, could we live so God is right? So others can see and believe that we are in fact – related.

Until Monday…….

Pastor Botts

“…I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people….” – Jeremiah 31:33

No comments:

Post a Comment