Thursday, June 1, 2017

Incog-Christo

A celebrity is a person who works hard all their life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. – Fred Allen
On the fateful night Jesus was betrayed, Peter, his most outspoken disciple; did all he could to avoid being identified as his follower. Hmm!
Why do I go to church on Sunday, and forget everything I heard on Monday. Why do I sing “My Life to Him I Give,” and never in my daily walk for Him do I live….. True they are only words from a poem, but they have a degree of truth to them. When we look at the world around us there is often little, if any, difference between them and us. It’s honestly hard to tell if someone belongs to Christ. And no, God doesn’t expect us to go around wearing clothing emblazoned with ‘Jesus’ on it – it’s our actions and conversation that should speak loudly to others who we are, and to WHOM we belong. If people are truly searching for Jesus, they should be able to see him living in us.
Until tomorrow…..
Pastor Botts
“If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him, when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” – Mark 8:38

No comments:

Post a Comment