Monday, July 9, 2018

Bear Witness of God's Holiness

We need to get a sense of worth of our own selves and understand that no one is more deserving of our best behavior than we are. – R. Pennington
Though Saul sought to slay him, David couldn't even formulate in his mind a thought to harm God's anointed. Hmm!
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and no one is around to see it, does it make a sound? A somewhat silly question, and one we often answer with “who cares." But the logic of the question is pure. And if we were to apply it to our daily living it sounds a powerful truth. Regardless of where we are or who we're with, how good or bad the situation, the greatest benefactor of our righteous, holy living is US, not God. Why, because we can't make God any holier than He already is, we can only bear witness of His holiness by the way we live. I pray you may appreciate yourself today!
Until tomorrow......
Pastor Botts
I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.” – I Corinthians 9:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment