Thursday, January 27, 2022

Forgiveness is Just a Prayer Away

Forgiving you is my gift to you. Moving on is my gift to myself. - Anon

When Nehemiah looked over the city ruins, though his heart ached, he saw not retribution but a vision of restoration. Hmm!

There was Peter on that fateful night, denying Jesus and calling down curses when he turned and saw Jesus looking straight at him. Now what he saw when he looked at Jesus made him immediately break down and cry. It wasn’t a look of anger, frustration, or disbelief, but a look of forgiveness. How do I know, because a little later Jesus told Peter “feed my sheep!” This should reinforce in our hearts that when we feel shame/guilt for our mistakes, forgiveness is only a prayer away. God has a ‘look’ in His eyes as well when He looks at us. He looks upon us every day through eyes of forgiveness, and a vision of us in our own small way that He’s provided, helping to build up His kingdom. I don’t know about you, but today I’m going to work.

Until tomorrow

Pastor Botts

“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.” – Psalm 51:12



No comments:

Post a Comment