Friday, January 14, 2022

The Thought That God Delights In YOU

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. – Albert Einstein

Mephibosheth was taken aback that David would treat him, a descendant of Saul and David’s enemy so royally and invite him to the king's table. Hmm!

You’ve seen the commercial. It starts with them young. He enters, sees her across the room, gracefully strides over to ask for a dance…. Cut to them now older, at home still dancing. He says, “Alexa, play our song AGAIN!” ‘I Only Have Eyes For You….’ starts up and you see it in their eyes – they delight in each other. No place they’d rather be. That’s what God seeks with us. He delights in us. All that He has done, all that He has given us shouts it aloud “I delight in you!” It should be the thought that starts our day and propels us through it – God delights in me. The Creator of this world, the Maker of heaven and earth is with me, and can’t take His eyes off of me, He delights in me. How great and reassuring is that knowledge?

Until Monday…

Pastor Botts

“He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” – II Samuel 22:20

P.S. - Join us for Prayer Breakfast tomorrow morning at 9:30am in Parmes Hall.









No comments:

Post a Comment