Monday, January 24, 2022

The Miracle of Being Kept

The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing. - S. Suzuki

Though the Israelites waited 40 years to enter the Promised Land the time was filled with the miraculous. Hmm!

We often hear people or friends say "I'm waiting for my miracle!" Whether it be one of healing, supplication, relationship, etc., they continue to hold fast and true to God waiting for the day of deliverance. Time and again you ask them and they reply "I'm still waiting!" It's both admirable and praiseworthy. In spite of their present and seemingly unchanging conditions they still seek God. But, maybe there's a secret or two along the way that was missed. God says He will always "uphold us with His righteous right hand." Maybe that in itself is just the miracle they're seeking. It should be pointed out that sometimes God just 'keeping us' is the miracle! Through it all, others may have fallen away or pulled back but God has never left our side. Maybe in the midst of what we're seeking, just knowing God is there is miracle enough!

Until tomorrow...

Pastor Botts

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10




No comments:

Post a Comment